Love stories? Want to practise your creative writing in English?
Listen, write and discuss to learn the skills to craft your own stories in English.
English Creative Writing Workshop
Who can attend? This is open to anyone (not only students) who is 16-years-old+ with a B1+ English level. Maximum 12 attendees.
When is the club? 1st Saturday of every month. Time 10AM UK Time. (UTC+0)
What does it cost? £8 ($9)
Experienced author Philip Charter will lead the session by reading an exciting story / passage from a famous author. The session focuses on one creative-writing skill (e.g. character, description, dialogue) with on-screen examples provided.
Writers then have time to write on a theme, then group members listen and react to the stories.
At the end of the session, the group plays a fun and inclusive story-telling game.
Finished stories can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. One lucky story will be chosen to feature on the English Writing Coach website!
Members of the Monthly Writing Workshop get:
- Access to a monthly 60 minute session (limited to 12 attendees)
- Access to a private Facebook group with writing advice and correction help
- The chance to meet other international writers
- Reading suggestions each month
- An assessment of their stories
- The chance to feature their writing on the English Writing Coach website
Book your place at the next Online Writing Workshop now!
Philip has facilitated writing workshops for over five years both in person and online. He is the author of two collections of short stories, and has been widely published. Find out more at his writing website.